Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Little Rock Marathon - March 4, 2012


05:30:06
In short: My goal, coming off a trail 50K 2 weeks ago, was a time of 5:30. I'm very happy with how the race went today. Managed pace, ran strong.

In full: My race 2 weeks ago left me with doubts about my ability to work a physically strenuous job and run. The only element of life I had to adjust was my diet. I have been eating totally clean, no junk food, no fast food, no soda for the last 2 weeks.
With the 50K being 2 weeks ago and with my best marathon time being 5:26.54 on a flat course in Houston in January, this being a hilly course, I had a goal time of 5:30 and knew I would have to work hard for it.
The clean eating was a miracle for recovery and preperation for today's race. I had energy, I ran the hills with a 30 steps run/15 steps walk on every hill. I perfectly managed pace and fueling and had an amazing race.
It got kind hot out there in the afternoon with highs in or near 70 degrees F. (21.11 degrees C.) and even with sunscreen I have burned ears :) Life is happy and I will sleep well tonight, should I take that BIG medal to bed with me? to work tomorrow? shopping? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment