Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sunset Park 6/12/24 Hour Run.... Or, what was I thinking, I wasn't.

I love this run!
It starts on Black Friday, nothing better to do than avoid crowds and hang out with the running family.

Here are my results from the last 3 years.

2011 - 50.75 miles
2012 - 62.93 miles
2013 - 21.31 miles

2013 I didn't have a goal and performed as such.

2014 is in question.  Two weeks ago I tweaked my back, lower left side.  Its still acting up.  Yesterday felt quite a bit better.  Today (27, Nov 2014) it has been screaming all day long.  I will just have to wait and see how it feels tomorrow.  I do have a goal.  I'll tell about it after the run.

The question of 2014 is answered.  On Nov 11, 2014 I did my first CrossFit workout with Team RWB WOD with Warriors to raise money for our warriors.  I maxed out on what I could do.  No problem, but muscles very sore.  All is good.  Monday 17, 2014 dog problems, not my dog.  So this meant fence repair.  Strained something during fence repair, oh no!  
By Tuesday I could hardly move.  Wednesday meant a trip to the chiropractor, not much spine movement, things getting worse.
Thursday I was still sore, but not as sore as I had been.  I went to walk as far as I thought okay.  If I stopped having fun I was going to stop.

My spirits were very good!  Last year my body was okay, my spirit was down.  This year it was the other way around.   I walked a marathon then decided to go home.  I was having to stop every few laps and stretch, yoga, foam roller just to make the next few laps.  That told me it was time to go home.

Now its Dec 8, 2014.  I haven't run a step since.  The most I have traveled in any one day is 4 miles at a very slow walk.  
Chris purchased an inversion table for me.  It has done wonders.  I can manage the day now.  Some parts of the day are even pain free.

I am on the mend.  I hope to be able to walk The 3 Bridges Marathon on Saturday 27th.  We will see.  I won't walk it if the pain is bad or if I'm tight.

What adventures to be found in running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment