Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Old And The New

I found some old running blog posts on a different blog.

My first trail race and 25K Sylamore Trail Feb 2009

My second half marathon and my PR - Andrew Jackson 1/2 April 2009

My introduction to AURA, the running family that would so profoundly change my life!
Catsmacker June 2009

First Full Moon experience, 25K July 2009

On signing up for my first 50K

Running of first 50K, Bartlett Park Ultras 50K Aug 2009

First encounter with Mount Nebo Aug 2009

Now on to 2016

I did not properly prepare for Athens Big Fork Trail Marathon that is upcoming this weekend, January 9, 2016  I'm up 12 lbs from my pre-Traveller taper weight.
This is day five without caffeine.  I'm going off the energy shots, like 5 Hour Energy, to be able to use them as a tool on race days, especially the 2016 edition of the Arkansas Traveller 100.
I use energy shots to boot, re-boot my brain or prevent it from "sundowning" in the evenings.  I have been doing this since the concussion May 2012.  This has been the only  way to get through computer work and anything where I have to do math, write numbers, dates, letters or remember anything!

I'm using:
DoTERRA Frankincense Essential Oil
Luminosity brain training
Meditation
Note taking like a mad woman

It has been a very challenging week.  That is an understatement for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment