Monday, May 25, 2015

Gratitude Post:



Week 5 training complete.
Moving on to week 6.  I don't have to run a million miles, I just have to get through one week at a time.

Week 5 was a bit crazy.
     I have wanted to do hill repeats on the corkscrew out in the Ouachita National Forest (a 1/2 mile long, steep, windy hill).  Some weeks the 2 hour drive to get there just isn't going to happen.  Last week was one of those weeks.

Wednesday night, May 20, 2015
    Hill training night, I decided to do a tire drag instead.  I have been dragging a tire once a week, 4 miles, with a 30 step run/30 step walk ratio.  To replicate the 1/2 mile hill I decided to do 6 miles with a half mile run/half mile walk ratio.  I did, for 5 miles.  My butt is still officially kicked.  What a hard workout!  Our Beagle needs exercise, so Coach Mikey goes with me at night or when it isn't too hot:
Coach Beagle Night Run Training Buddy
Here is the tire set up:  Car tire, rope, MTB inner tube.  Horse not included

Smokey assisting in my morning workout

Friday May 23, 2015
Training run on the AT 100 Course:


















Book of Mormon
Alma 30: 44

....... The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.





No comments:

Post a Comment