Monday, July 17, 2017

Never say Try

I'm enlisted in the Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy.  Why hypnosis, well, we all spend much of our day in different kinds of trances so I don't have a problem with that, it is a natural human state.  Hypnosis is about words, communication on purpose.  Who couldn't use more of that.

So one of the lessons taught is about something called Power Language, certain words not to use because of their weakening of our purpose, thinking, acting.
One of these words is Try.





Try means failure.  If one tries to make it to church on time that means they will be late.  If your friend is going to try to make it over to help you load a moving truck you just know they aren't going to come over and help.  Try is a cop-out without saying no.

Years ago I had a teacher instructing me to do something I didn't know how to do.  I couldn't do it.  I kept saying "I'm trying" and the comeback was "don't try, do".  I was ready to punch this instructor in the face and anyone else I have ever heard say this statement "don't try, do".  I almost didn't listen to Mike Mandel's presentation because this saying would just tick me off.... but we learn when we get outside of our comfort zone so listen I did.

So we don't say try.  Now what happens when I go to get a very particular workout in and it doesn't go as planned: didn't I try?  Didn't I fail?  No.  If I think about it and learn from it I'm better prepared to do it the next time.

I still slip up and say "try" once in awhile.  It will work its way out of my language.

Here is a few more videos about power language.
Never ask "Why" or "what is wrong?":  Ask "What do you want?"


Identify Target State:


"Ask how questions.  What's wrong is way less important than how do we fix this?"  - Mike Mandel

No comments:

Post a Comment