Thursday, January 4, 2018

Running in 2018

Time To Stop Goofing And Set A Goal



December was loaded up with family drama.  While sitting in Chris's office I told him I wasn't as over DNA as I thought I was.  He told me I wasn't over DNF.  I started crying, I knew he had scored a direct hit with his observant insight.

I have been goofing since not finishing the Arkansas Traveller 2017 edition.  My mileage went from in the 200's a month to barely reaching 100 miles per month.

On that day I opened my 2018 training log book and laid out a plan for the Ouachita Trail 50 on April 21, 2018.  The training plan I follow is a 24 week plan, there is only 16 weeks left till the OT50.  I'm going to jump in where I am using heart rate training to keep from overdoing training.

Some goals for 2018

A road marathon - I have entered Team LOCO Marathon in Conway AR 20 Jan 2018.  Lets get this one out of the way!

Get enough miles to be in the high mileage club with my trail running club Arkansas Ultra Running Association, 300 miles in finished series runs are needed for this accomplishment.

I will run at least 2 - 50 milers.
If training allows, still respecting family life, finish a 100 miles in an official run.
Become a running coach
2018 miles run or walked in 2018

I gave up my 2x a month massages to save for something else.  I will develop a consistent yoga and rolling habit to make up for what I'm missing out on with those monthly massages.

Keep your eyes on where you are going.  You won't reach the finish lines learning from the journey if you are looking back to where you have been or if you are looking down.   Keep your eyes on the target.  


No comments:

Post a Comment