Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye to 2011

Thank you Chris!!
My dear husband reminded me, two weeks ago, that when we set goals we should try to achieve the goal.
Two weeks ago I needed 106 miles to meet my goal for the year of 1500 miles.  After an injury that prevented running for the first two weeks in December.  I made up my mind that I had given it a good try.  It  would be okay if I didn't make my goal this year.  Many more miles were run than would have been without a goal.

When Chris heard my arguments for not making my goal (he isn't a runner, but my greatest supporter), he would have no part of it.  He reminded me of my 50 mile run during the 24 hour race (that caused the injury).  He reminded me me that if I wanted it it was mine to have.

So today I ran the last 5 miles needed to make my 1500 mile year of 2011!  Thank you Chris, for helping me stretch farther than I can stretch, reach and grow more than was thought possible! 

Now on to 2012 and the adventures it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment