Friday, December 9, 2011

Recovery

My 50 mile adventure had a price, a trip to the podiatrist.
x-rays showed no damage so we figured a sprain, but it is the side of my foot, not my ankle.
My doctor, who is an endurance athlete, told me to try running after being pain free for three days.  Thee days pain free was Tuesday the 6th of Dec.  I ran one mile.  I did some plyometric drills and then iced my still pain free foot.  Wednesday I ran 3 miles and then again iced my pain free foot.
Yesterday, I wouldn't call it pain, it just feels weak.  Yesterday work was mad so I didn't get a run in.
I have to decide if I'm going to go play in the mountains Saturday.  My love of the trail would so refresh me, but I don't want to do any damage to my foot or hurt my training any.

The upcoming race is a trail marathon in an unbelievably beautiful trail.  It is rugged and hard.  I have never finished the whole marathon, always stopping at the 1/2 way point for a half finish instead of a DNF on the marathon.  It was a goal for this year to finish the whole for the first time.  We will see.  I have some hours banked for tonight.  I can come home after 4 hours of work, which means early to bed and a grand start to tomorrow.  I'm just waffling about the ankle.

We will see what tomorrow holds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment